2016 ACQA Annual Conference
Calling all Aged Care Quality and Safety Leaders!
Come along to the 2016 Aged Care Quality Association Annual Conference in Modbury, South Australia.
At our one day event you will have a unique opportunity to connect, learn and be inspired by leading industry experts and industry peers on topics relevant to Aged Care professionals.
Spots are limited, so register now to secure your ticket today!
Where and When?
Sferas Park Suites & Conference Centre
191 Reservoir Road, Modbury, SA
Friday, 4 November 2016 at 9:00AM
Conference attendance is by advanced registration only.
Tickets are available to
- $75pp Members, and
- $95pp Non-members
Note, if your employer is a member of ACQA, you qualify for the discounted member pricing.
You can register and purchase your tickets online here:
0900 Welcome and introduction to the day - Matt Kowald, Chairperson, ACQA Inc
0915 Morning Plenary Sessions
- Medicine Wise - Scott Boerth, Clinical Pharmacist, Healthwise Medication Services
- Quality of Life and the Quality of Life Framework - Frank Naso, St Hilarions and Innovation Hub
1045 Morning tea
1100 Morning Breakout Sessions
Breakout session 1 Dementia Management
- Delirium Depression Dementia - Matt Kowald, General Manager Residential Services, Barossa Village
- Management & Prevention of Aggression in the Aged Care Sector - Nicky Baker, Flinders University
- Butterfly Homes - Maureen Coffee, Business Manager, Barunga Nursing Home Pt Broughton
Breakout session 2 Workplace Health and Safety
- Managing the Bariatric Client: an assessment summary tool - Hal Robertson, WorkFit Services, SA Health
- Staff Wellbeing - Gill Moody, Return to Work SA
- Best Practice in Managing the Use of Social Media in the Workplace – Robert Andreacchio, Pinnacle HR Inc
1300 Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Breakout session 3 Clinical Care
- Palliative Care - Felicity Hage, Care Manager, Barossa Village
- Wound Care - Tal Ellis, Nursing Coordinator, Southern Cross Education Institute
Breakout session 4 Systems and Processes
- IT Integration in Aged Care Settings - Gail Harding, DON, Wheatfields Inc
- ACFI is Everybody’s Business – Cath Carroll, Country Health SA
- Education - Robyn Tavener, ACC
1430 Afternoon tea
1445 Afternoon Plenary Sessions
- My Quality Journey – Virginia Matthews, Australian Aged Care Quality Agency SA Office
- Small Scale Living and Lifestyle Archetype Survey – Imelda Bergin, Synovum Care, NSW
- ACQA - Steven Charman, Active Quality Management
1630 Close - Matt Kowald, Chairperson, ACQA Inc
Post conference drinks from 1700