Today ACQA is pleased to announce a major revision of our Residential Aged Care Audits is going live today.
The revisions were designed after a substantial review process by our team after our involvement seeing many facilities through their accreditation preparation, assessment audits and audit response preparation.
- Changes to questions targeting specific feedback from recent Accreditation visits,
- Increased coverage of Standards 1, 3, 4, 7 and 8, in particular around Dignity of Risk, Behaviour Support Plans, SIRS incidents & Prudential Requirements.
- 2 new Audits, covering Human Resources and Critical Policy requirements,
- More specific referencing on questions linking to relevant Standards, and
- A streamlined Audit Timetable to better distribute auditing workloads.
If your Auditing is not up-to-date, now is a great time to jump in and get your Audits back on track.
In coming weeks, we will be announcing a series online co-design workshops. These workshops will provide a great opportunity for you to ask questions and provide feedback, and to understand the intent behind questions.
As always, when you are Auditing, if you are not 100% certain that your answer is a yes, we suggest that you mark it as a “no” and add it to your Continuous Improvements plan.
– Steve Charman, on behalf of the ACQA Committee.